In this lesson you will learn about the gases present in the atmosphere layer and their roles in the warming of the planet Earth.
By the end of this lesson, students should be able to:
- describe the composition and four layers of the atmosphere: troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, and thermosphere;
- list the most common greenhouse gases (GHGs);
- explain the greenhouse effect and how global warming occurs;
- list the six strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions;
- define carbon sequestration and its two types: biological sequestration and geological sequestration;
- define the Air Quality Health Index (AQHI) and its values;
- outline the message/guidelines used by pubic health authorities to warn of the risk to human populations.
Please watch the video lesson below and write down detailed notes.