By the end of the course, students will…
- recognize, through investigation with or without technology, graphical and numerical examples of limits, and explain the reasoning involved (e.g., the value of a function approaching an asymptote, the value of the ratio of successive terms in the Fibonacci sequence)
By the end of the lesson, students will…
- Determine limits by examining graphs
- Find limits algebraically by substitution where possible
- Evaluate left-handed and right-handed limits
- Find the limit of a function by using a graph
- Find left-handed and right-handed limits
Go to https://student.desmos.com/ and create an account if required. Then copy in the code K5GZ8Q to gain access to an activity that will improve your understanding of limits.
Check your understanding by completing the following worksheet on evaluating limits.
End the lesson by completing the knowledge check below: