In this lesson you will learn about the properties and behaviour of gases.
By the end of this lesson, students should be able to:
- describe the main distinguishing properties of gases;
- describe the historical importance of the works of Jacques Charles, Galileo Galilei, Evangelista Torricelli and Blaise Pascal;
- list the premises of the Kinetic Molecular Theory of gases;
- compare the properties of gases to those of solids and liquids;
- describe the three types of motion in gaseous particles;
- define pressure and its units as well as atmospheric pressure;
- convert among the various units of pressure such as atmospheres, mm Hg, Torr, Pa, kPa, bar, and psi.
Let’s stat by examining the properties and behaviour of gases. Watch the video lesson below and take details notes.