In this second part of our series on learning in the age of COVID-19, we’ll explore how ONSTUDY ACADEMY is structured to address the significant challenges that Emergency Remote Instruction is currently facing.
- ONSTUDY ACADEMY features a single learning platform, in which all courses and materials are accessible to students and have been structured in a systematic and logical way.
- Within each course, our platform includes:
- Complete units of study for the Ontario High School curriculum.
- Each lesson is presented in audio/video formats, by an OCT-certified teacher. These lessons provide the foundations of learning expectations set out by the Ontario Ministry of Education. Since the complete course is available in video, students can learn at their own pace, as well as replay the video lesson as they need.
- Lessons are supplemented by worksheets, study notes, posters, animations and tutorials for problem solving.
- The ONSTUDY ACADEMY platform allows students to communicate with each other and the teacher by posting questions in subject related forums. In addition, the student can directly communicate with the teacher by email and video conferencing.
- Extra learning resources are fully accessible at all times to support students’ learning experience. For example, each unit contains practice quizzes and tests to help students develop test-taking skills before a summative assessment (i.e., evaluations that count towards the final mark).
- Students enrolled with Onstudy Academy for tutoring can upload all their course work to the ONSTUDY ACADEMY platform which allows direct and timely feedback on student performance. Receiving timely feedback allows each student to identify what learning skills & course concepts they need to focus on to succeed.
In part 3 of this series on learning in the age of COVID-19, we will examine the dilemma of students safely returning to ‘bricks & mortar” classrooms, and how ONSTUDY ACADEMY provides a learning environment in which students feel safe and experience little anxiety in regards to their education.